Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The water stands for hours...

... in my tub. Now what has started as a mildly slow drain has turned into almost complete blockage. No amount of Drano or Liquid Plumber Foaming Pipe Snake could resolve this problem. I even bought a snake, and attempted to show off my handyman capabilities to Frankie (long hair has given me years of experience), but alas, that has no chance with the twists and turns in our pipes. So we call our other handyman, aka Patrick W. Roseman (I'm making him business cards).
Said man removes pipes, only to find a hard substance not far into pipes that wouldn't even budge from the threat of an ambitious butter knife. Time for the professionals. Have to call Roto-Rooter tomorrow for the diagnosis and prognosis. Wished we lived in New England for the slight chance our plumbers would be Jason and Grant from TAPS (or Ghost Hunters). A two for one! My plumbing would be solved and my paranormal concerns confirmed or denied. Alas, I will settle for Joe the Plumber, so long as I can take a shower without standing in several inches of icky water.

Last week on the said sunny day from a previous blog, Omri and Frankie graced the Toledo Zoo with their presence. Needless to say, she had fun. The loves her animals. Now, she wakes up and says "I see animals.?", as a combination statemention/question. She then proceeds to tell me about each animal, and then goes "I say hi to monkey". Wish we had a membership so we could go a couple times a month. She also thinks for some reason that hippos are purple. And that they climb trees. And that they have belly buttons. Must be something from a Sandra Boynton book. Omri can also almost say 'hippopotamus' clearly, making it her longest word that she can pronounce. It's a big improvement from "hippo-party", which she used to say. haha

So our family is having a slight dilemma. You see, we love animals. A whole bunch. I think I would fill the house with animals if they weren't a crazy amount of work. Anyways, we already have one cat, Kennison McGee, aka Kenny. Frankie has been talking about getting a dog for quite time now. An English bulldog specifically, but those slobber mongrels cost more than my computer, and that's just crazy. So we found some Beagle pups for around $150. Not bad, we'll throw them into consideration. I would really love a lab, because I think they're great dogs all around: good with kids, guard dogs, loving, slightly dumb. But our little casa may not support such a large quadriped. Alas, Kenny is a literal definition of 'scaredy cat', and I worry about how he will do with a rough canine. So I suggest another kitten. Omri and Frankie go to the Humane Society, but kittens aren't 'in season', a few more weeks, and they'll be flooding the place. That's a no go for now. I would love another animal, because i think it's important for the kids to have animals, especially this young to prevent/reduce pet allergies in the future. We probably won't even end up getting anything, but the idea is always fun to entertain.

Anyways, time to skidaddle and watch some tele to relax, it's my night to get up with Olive!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we've become friends with Rescue Rooter ourselves. We have roots in our lines. Do you have "paranormal concerns" about your house? Probably just Aunt R checking in.

    Yes, you should probably break down and just buy a zoo membership - in the long run it would probably save you money. The Belly Button Book is where Omri is getting all her info about Hippos.

    Just because you are living in Aunt Rita's house doesn't mean you need to get 100 cats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what your work schedules are, but the zoo is free every monday to Lucas County residents between 10:00a.m. - Noon.

    Lol! Sarah, your last comment is hilar!:o)

    ReplyDelete