Thursday, March 12, 2009

Patience required

Today was a long day at work. Not necessarily time wise (7.5 hours), just patient wise. It seemed as if there was an abnormal amount of people showing up to drop off/pick up/complain/ask questions. This, coupled with a short staff, made things seem never ending. The drive-thru for instance, I believe is the last thing that belongs in a pharmacy. It drives me nuts to see people who are picking up meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and their type 2 diabetes from being overweight who refuse to get out and walk in the store. Across the board, this lazy mentality that affects so many people discourages me. I don't understand how people can ignore their health and rely on quick fix methods to put a 'band-aid' on their problems. Argghh!! I guess I am not the model for perfect health, but I'm at least more conscious of it. Somedays I think about beginning a running regime, since most of my family can probably kick my butt! Seriously, I used to have a less-than-6 minute mile. I believe I ran the Komen freshmen year at about 25 minutes. Sheesh, that's amazing to think of now. I need a new pair of tennis shoes though, the other pair is slightly disgusting from the basement flood (see previous post).

I'm watching HLN news channel, and "Showbiz Tonight" is on, and Tyra Bank's talking about something or other. That woman freaks me out. Kind of makes me uncomfortable. She's everywhere. Yet I still watch America's Next Top Model reruns like it's my job, haha.

Uh-oh, gotta do the dishes, they've definately been soaking for a good hour!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure if you started training you would kick all our butts in running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny--- I am obsessed with ANTM re-runs too! It got really bad when Dave walked by the tv and said "Hey, even I've seen this one!" It is great on Sundays when you have about 5 loads of laundry to do.

    ReplyDelete