Thursday, April 16, 2009

Now blog it out

Arrrrgh. It's been far too long bloggity-blog. Two 40 hour weeks, a handful of exams, and I am pooped. haha ADD kickin' in: Frankie is watching VH1's 100 Greatest 80's One Hit Wonders and they were talking about this guys career after his hit. Apparentely he was a producer for Christina
Aguilera, No Doubt and Miley Cyrus, but when they said Miley Cyrus, they showed a picture of Stevie Wonder. Silly editors.

So what's new you ask? Well Omri is growing up way too fast, she even has a pimple on her face! (No joke, I was shocked, but I am exercising GREAT restraint in not popping it). She also went poopy in the potty the other day. While she was incredibly proud, she has no interest in repeating this. The beautiful princess, Tinkerbell, and Elmo underpants have no effect on her decision. She'll wear them, and destroy them. O well, every box of Pampers= one vaccine for a disadvantaged kid, so I guess she's doing her part, eh?

Do you realize that buy vaccinating every single person for all vaccinatable(?) diseases could eradicate smallpox and other such ailments from the world!?! Or so my Prevention and Control of Disease professor says.

Anywhos, Ollie is almost a quite grown 4 month old. She rolled over (from belly to back) for the first time a few days ago, yet I have yet to witness it because of work. She is enjoying cereal, and I can't wait to start on veggies here in the near future. She is also sleeping an average of 10 to 11 hours a night. AMAZING! I LOVE IT! SLEEP HAS RETURNED!

Or so I thought.... The next order to discuss: the pup. So we decided that we didn't have enough on our plates and that we REALLY needed a dog. A few days of scouring The Blade classified led to me driving out to Curtice after work to pick up a Boxer. Why a Boxer you ask? 1). Kid friendly, 2). trainability, 3). overall cutness, 4). guard dog capabilities. So I picked out a male fawn colored 7 week old and headed home. The reaction from Omri is worth every pee puddle and whine: "Hi Mom--ahhhh!" Hands to the face, total and complete shock. She apparentely didn't believe me on the phone when I told her I was bringing him home. We christened him Jedi, and set forth to pethood. He and Omri are bestest buds, which is perfect when she is craving more attention that is taken up by Olive.

Time to go. Dog had an accident.. newest story of our lives. More later.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to verify this but i was feeling pretty sure and i was right that small pox was gotten rid of a long time ago.... emmiiiiilllllyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of like if every American paid less than $20 to buy and send a misquito net to Sub-Saharan Africa it would almost eradicate Malaria (sad really that it could be that "simple") and the fact that Navarapen (spelling?), a drug that stops the transmission of HIV/AIDS from mother to infant costs about $4 to administer yet not every HIV+ mother gets it. Oh the world...

    In happier thought... Are you going to make your baby food this time? It's so super easy and saves so much money! Saves for 3 months in the freezer. I can give you more details if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gone ahead and bought a few 'starter' packs of Gerber, but I just did that reuse the containers! I didn't save any from Omri. Although I do have a large quantity of ice cube trays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just put the cubes into snack size zip lock bags and then put all of those in a zip lock freezer bag, label it with the type of food and use by date, and call it a day. I stress zip lock here because I found the generic bags led to freezer burn.

    ReplyDelete