Sunday, April 19, 2009

Street rat? I no buy that..

Ah for all those Disney lovers out there (or parents!), the movie of choice at present time is Aladdin. Yesterday Omri was walking around singing Aladdins song about being a street rat, in her language of course. Very funny. I love it when she goes into her own little world and sings or acts out her favorite parts. She knows the movements and basic phrases of the opening, and its pretty hilarious when it gets to the part about prehistoric tupperware.. you just have to see to understand. Now I would love to post such a video, but we are currently without photomaking capabilities. I bought a camera in January, a Nikon coolpix that was easy to use, which is of highest importance to me.. I just don't get cameras! Only a month later, and it's nowhere to be found. The house and car have been searched sevenfold and no camera. I keep putting off buying another because I'm convinced that as sooon as I buy one, I'll find the other. But now that I realize that i have about 3 pictures of olive from the last three months, I feel lots of guilt--especially compared to the grotesque amounts that I have of Omri. I am searching ebay for a good deal, but havent found anything amazing yet.

So this whole getting a dog thing is literally like taking care of an infant. Going outside for potty breaks is never ending (although accidents are almost eradicated!), and the new trend is that Jedi will only poop if I'm out there with him. Go figure. On the other side of the pet poop front, our katze Kenny has a mean stink to his excretions. He is famous for it. A few weeks ago, I noticed that he was spending an abnormally long amount of time in his litter box with no effect. Instantly, my mom freaks, because a similar event happened to Thunder that almost killed him last year. Evidentely, cats can have crystallization build up in their kidneys, causing urine to back up, which ultimately kills them in a short period of time. Thunder required a $600 surgery. Now I love Kenny, but not THAT MUCH. As awful as it sounds, its cheaper to put him down and get another kitty. However, there is option 2: switch to brand name cat food. One reason I have great love for Kenny is his love for Kroger Value brand cat food. Seven bucks for 15 pounds-- for some perspective for the catless, $7 would buy you maybe 7 lbs. of brand food-- and he actually refused the 'nicer' stuff on teh occasions that I would get it for him. Apparentely this is the culprit of this kitty epidemic, so now.. I switch him to Purina Indoor Cat formula. Bad idea, the poor guy got the runs--with extra stink! So I got some Friskies today, hopefully this will do better. These pets give me more stress than the kids do!

Olive has become a huuuuge eater recentely, probably around 30 to 36 ounces a day. She has cereal most days now, but with her becoming increasingly hungry, I am going to jump the gun and feed her some veggies tomorrow to attempt to satisfy her hunger. I do need some tips on making your own baby food though--help Sarah! Also, Omri is becoming more and more interested in interactive play. I am forced to become the horrible actress that I am to keep her happy. Let's just say I have no career in children's movies, TV shows, etc. One of Omri's Easter presents was The Cat in the Hat Comes Back. We read it tonight. I forgot how much I loved that book, compared to the first one! My Dr. Seuss collection is decent, although I still need a few classics: There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Hop on Pop, and others. I dont really want any other material thing for the girls except for a complete Dr. Seuss book and Disney movie collection. The new fangled things just can't beat out the classics. Plus, I enjoy them too!

Only 3 more weeks of classes left--thank god! I'm exhausted, and I haven't read any books in a loooooong time. I know there's at least 3 James Pattersons, and a few Chuck Palaniuks. I really want a hammock to have in the backyard for reading, but I keep having these visions of Omri plummeting headfirst into the ground, and ours is not soft!

Allright, time to end all this 'ado about nothing'. The news begins in T minus 3 minutes. Gotta get my fill of Ch. 11.

5 comments:

  1. We have been making Zetta's food at home. If you have a food processor it makes it really easy. Just steam a vegetable, put it in the food processor, then put it in ice cube trays and freeze it. We also put brown rice in the food processor and turn it into a fine powder like cereal. Basically we boil the rice powder in water with a couple cubes of a vegetable, and add a little bit of a natural baby vitamin supplement, and we are good to go. Wow this has turned into a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send you a facebook email later with some instructions. :) It's really very simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same thing happened to Puma-- he had the cath put in to break up the blockage and opted out of the "sex change" precedure and switched to purina one urinary tract formula (a bag lasts about two months) and he has had no problems since!

    ReplyDelete
  4. B-I had no idea there was an actual food for the urinary tract! i'll have to look for it. My cat is so picky too. What a pansy...

    S/M- thanks for the help! I realized after I was spending nearly $120 a month on baby food alone that I needed to make my own. It would be stupid not to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the hammock front, Sam hasn't had any problems with ours, they pretty much fall to the middle anyhow. If you get one and Omri finds a way to fall headlong into the ground, don't kill me, but we loooooooooove ours, indespensible.

    ReplyDelete