Sunday, May 3, 2009

Procrastination, exclamation!

I just finished a 4 page book review about 10 minutes ago, and it's due in about 3 minutes. I began at about 9:30, that's a new record. While I'm famous for procrastinating, I usually never cut it THIS close, but alas, my clothes are still wet from laundering earlier. I officially offed my mom's on the verge dryer. It was doomed, and it choose to crap out on my laundry day. I tried the whole clothesline thing, but it the sun was setting, so, now they're going to be hanging in my bathroom until Patrick can install the proper devices to activate my laundromat in the basement (another instance of procrastinating! I've only lived her for, SIX MONTHS!). Argh. Ugh. Blah.

So while I was not in anyway uber-productive, my lovely Frank the Tank was. In case you havent seen the visual representation in Facebook, our backyard began its long journey of it's facelift. Not much has been done to that space but cutting of grass in the past year or so, or maybe longer, I don't know. Therefore, it was overrun by plantage. I had no idea what was what, save for the grass, large tree(still dont know what KIND of tree it is) and the lilac bush/shrub/tree. Apparentely, after I headed off for mi madre's Frankie decided to do something about it. And he enlisted Neighbor Kyle's help. Kyle has lots of tools. And the renovation begun... Basically all unnecessary freestanding edifices about the yard were yanked out--save for big tree and lilac. It was interesting to see the backyard in a more open way, it seemed a lot bigger! The only haphazard part that remains is along the back fence, but since railroad tracks exist on the opposite side, I'm quite ok with that. I am not gardening inclined, so I'm not sure what is a weed-except for dandelions, which I leave because Omri likes them. I also lack any ounce of creative ability in that field, so I imagine that for now, keeping grass at a reasonable length and dog poop under control is my main focus for the yard. Well, I would love a picnic table, patio, and swing set, but that's another year/battle.

Frankie is also making the awesome list this week because of his homemade salsa. I was apprehensive, because while I enjoy salsa, I am quit the weakling when it comes to hot/spicy foods. I love 'em, but then my nose runs, and my eyes water, and I turn into that guy from Dumb and Dumber, lying on the floor of an off the highway diner. Anyways, he goes to Krogers to buy some produce and gets to work with a knife and the Magic Bullet(not that magic). End product is a slush that looks like it originated from some swamp that contains bacteria and fungi that have yet to be named. BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS! Perfect amount of jalepeno, cilantro, and all the other good stuff. He did a re-make on Saturday, but ended up chopping the tomatoes by hand, rather than adding it into the Bullet. Even more tasty. I keep telling him to open up a restaurant, featuring his famous taters and salsa.

This week also featured two food firsts for Omri: Barrys Bagels and Munster cheese. She thoroughly enjoyed a cinnamon vanilla bagel, topped with strawberry cream cheese. She apparently wanted to eat it for every meal that entire day. When Frankie bought the 'maters for salsa round 2, he went to Monnette's, and also got 2 pounds of Munster. I had to admit that I had never even tried, and I love it! Of course, Omri comes over "What you doin?" --Eatin' Munster cheese. "Monster cheese!" This was quite the novelty for her, and she loves it, as long as it's not an edge piece that has some of the coloring on it--I believe thats from a vegetable rub or something of that sort. Funness. I am always pleased when that child eats something new, let alone eats at all!

Off to eat Munster cheese and rest my neurons.

5 comments:

  1. "Monster" cheese is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2 pounds of muenster, that is near heavenly! Zoe is a freak for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this blog was gr88888 till you had to ruin it by saying something about neurons.... anatomy test tommorrow, essay topic: nerve impulse propagation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade salsa sounds delish...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WILL EAT all of the orange edge pieces. There is no finer hour d'oveur (sp) than edge hunks of Muenster. I miss you guys, and your food sounds tasty. And summer is coming...

    ReplyDelete