Monday, January 19, 2009

In the beginning...

So I've decided to start to start writing a blog as a therapeutic exercise, as recommended by Frankie. I know I have lots of good things to say, but conveying thought through speech has always been much more difficult for me than just simply writing it down. I tend to think alot more when I speak, and then you throw in my dyslexia of the mouth, and I can become very confusing.

So, what's new you ask? Well, Olive is about to be four weeks old. I can't believe how fast it's going already. Just a month ago, I was barely able to breathe thanks to the added pressure on my diaphragm. Now, I've felt completely healed from childbirth for nearly 3 weeks. I have to say, hers was a wonderful labor, if you can even call labor such a thing as 'wonderful.' It's wonderful compared to Omri's, that is. With Omri I felt I lost so much control and was completely out of my element, probably even my mind at points. She ended up being vacuumed out because I wasn't pushing efficiently enough and she was in distress. With Olive, I experienced about an hour and a half of what I see as 'true' labor, and then a handful of pushes, and gush- there she was. Frankie was able to cut the umbilical cord and then I was able to hold her immediately following the birth, rather than being whisked away to be evaluated. Even though she showed up a bit on the teeny side, she was/is strong. The kid eats like a champ and keeps it down too! Then.... the farts began....

I have never seen so much gas come out of a human being, and have such a potent stench at each and every occurence. It quickly became evident that this flatulence was quite uncomfortable for little Ollie, so I decided to try Simethicone. Seemed to work, for a few hours.. needless to say, we switched her to sensitive formula for a bit. Anything to keep her happy, because when she's content, she only gets up once in the middle of the night. I don't know what we did to deserve that, but I hope it continues!

As for Omri, she seems to be doing overall.. pretty good with the transition to a 2 child family. I notice more outbursts lately, but then again, shes two! Her personality is forming more and more by the day, she's so funny--and she knows it! I like the fact that she has an opinion-- even if it makes things more difficult sometimes! She is so bright and loving, and is becoming a great big sister.

So anyways, all is well on the kid front. I'm going to think about catching some shut eye while they'll let me.

4 comments:

  1. oh very creative blog title! I'm glad you started blogging. It is very therapeutic. It's like keeping a diary but for the world to read. I think it's funny that the mundane things I write seem to have an interest to the most random of people but it's good. Maybe someday we will be published authors and change the world ya know? Any time you want to come I think we are free most weekends; just give us a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the blog as well, I hope Ollie Ollie Ollie to the rescue is feeling well, gas pains are no fun for anyone involved. I was so pissed about being sick on my B-Day and not getting to hold her, I can't wait to see her again, I get like, an hour of cuddling dibs with her. Just deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you started a blog! Love hearing about the kiddos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll see you 4 at our place real soon like.

    Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete